Friday, June 10, 2011

A Letter to Nixon

Nixon (My Little Butterbean),

You've been so easy to love right from the start.  Even when you had colic and were crying uncontrollably, even when I was scared Ms. Connie was going to tell me she couldn't keep you anymore because you cried so much, I've loved you so much.  You have a way about you that makes you easy to love.

You can do something you know that you're not supposed to do, look at me, and grin and I can't help but smile with you.  I've always said you'll be my politician because you don't meet a stranger.  I love that I can take you anywhere and you're going to make a friend.  I love that you really think your middle name is "Butterbean."  Even though it wears on my patience sometimes, I love that you talk non-stop because I know someday, you probably will not want to tell me all about your day.  I love that you carry all your "babies" around and you can't sleep without them.

I love that you sing at the top of your lungs, even though you couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.


I love that you get in dancing moods and you don't care who sees you do it.  I love that you still want me to sit down beside you and just be with you.  I love that you love your brother and sister more than life itself.  I love you Nixon to the moon and back and I love that when I tell you that, you reply, "Well, I love you to the sun!"

Love,
Mom

No comments: