Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Letter to Landon

Landon,
You are my sweet, sweet boy.  We had a rocky start, but you're finally, after 5 1/2 years, becoming a momma's boy!

You have just lost your first tooth and this is a constant reminder to me that you are no longer my little baby.  You're on your way to becoming a young man..a wonderful one at that!

You are my child who always looks after everyone, making sure everyone is doing okay.  You'd rather sacrifice your own happiness to make someone else happy (kind of like your Daddy).  You're cursed with your momma's OCD habits and always being worried about something, no matter how small.

 I love the way that you're so persistent like your Daddy even when it's driving me insane!  I know one day, that persistent nature will come in handy and you'll do great things in your life.  You're going to make someone a great husband and father a VERY LONG time from now!   I love that you always strive to do your best, even when you don't feel like it.  You don't settle for anything less than what YOU know you can accomplish.  I love that you love baseball as much as your Daddy and I do!   I love that you always protect your little brother, even though you hate confrontation.

 I love that you're slow as molasses just like your Uncle Lucas because you make me slow down and "smell the roses."  I love that you sing in the shower and car, but when you realize that someone is listening, you get shy and stop..only to giggle and start right back.  I love that you already have a guilty conscious and when you know you've done wrong, you apologize and admit it to me.  I love that you always want to hold my hand and that you still have to kiss and hug me bye every time I drop you off and before you go to sleep at night.  I love that you're my little boy and always will be!  I love you to the moon and back Landon and you'll always be my first "baby"!

Love,
Mom

No comments: