Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Letter to My Husband

Christopher (Pooky),

Let me start off by saying I love you!  More than you will ever know.  It's hard to believe that we've been together for 12 years now (married for 8 of those)!  Did you ever think that in 12 years, we would have 3 kids, lived in 5 different houses (buying 3 of those), owned 11 cars (whoa!) and both go back to school to get our Masters?  We've had a busy 12 years! (That made me tired just thinking about it!)  We've had our good and bad times, but you're always there with just the right thing to say.  You know that I'm bossy, controlling, OCD, and high maintenance but you love me anyway!   I couldn't ask for a better husband or father for my children!

 I love that at the end of a hard or stressful day, you'll tell me to go get a pedicure while you take care of supper and baths.  It doesn't matter that your day has been bad too, you're always thinking of your family first.  I love that you know when I'm going to cry during a movie or a song and you'll make fun of me.  I love that you take our yearly "traditions" as seriously as I do.  I love that you know I can't eat popcorn or a pizza without a dark soft drink and I love even more that you don't consider that ridiculous!  I love the fact that you get just as addicted to these stupid TV series as I do every summer.  I love that when we first got married you couldn't sleep unless the room was absolutely quiet but since I'm not like that, you got over it and now you turn on the TV every night before we go to bed.  I love that you're just as cold-natured as I am so I'm not freezing all the time.  I love that you hear me rant and you can just pretty much tune me out until you know I need feedback.  I love that you still act like a kid sometimes and you'll just wrestle and dance with the boys.  But most of all, I love you for you!

I love you to the moon and back and I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else.


2 comments:

Meredith said...

That's so sweet! Glad you guys are still so happy together!! :)

Lisa said...

Chris, Let me just say that I could not have picked anyone more perfect for my neice and you will be forever be on my hero list for taking care of her and making her feel safe, secure and so very happy. I love you all so much and am so proud of you both, Love Sissy