Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Letter to Lily

My sweet little pumpkin Lily,

I waited a long time for a little girl, and Lily, you were well worth the wait.  You've had my heart since Day 1.  I know you'll be a spoiled little princess one day because you already are!

I love that you're so serious one second and laughing the next.  Your eyes and face show exactly what you're thinking at all times.

I love that when I pick you up from daycare, your eyes light up and you smile as big as you can.  I love that, in the small walk from your class room to Nixon's, you snuggle so close to my neck like you want to get that little bit of time with just momma.  I love that when you get really tired, you just stare at me.  It's like you don't want to go to sleep because you'll miss something we might be doing.

I love that when I wake you up in the morning, you wake up smiling.  I love that you are already a diva at the young age of six months; and when I put your hairbows and headbands in your hair you look at me like you're saying, "Really Mom?"

I love that you love your baby as much as your older brother Nixon loves his.

I love that you laugh uncontrollably at Landon when he makes silly faces at you.  I love that you're a momma's girl more than a daddy's girl (for now anyway).  And I love that you dance just like Landon used to when he was a baby.  I love you more than you will ever know little pudding!

Love,
Mom

No comments: