I went for my 38 week appointment today. I had gained 3.5 lbs bringing me up to 29.5 lbs. gained total. Dr. Bruton asked me if I was ready to have this baby and I told her I was mainly scared of how big she was getting. She didn't seem too concerned until she measured my baby and then she said, "Yeah, I'd say you have a big baby." I tried to get her to guess, but she didn't want to until she checked me to see how low the baby was. When she checked me, I was still 3 cm dilated, but now I'm 70% effaced. After she did that, she informed me that she thought the baby was at least 9 lbs, which is exactly what I thought. She told me that after Friday, I could choose to have an elective induction if I wanted to, which of course I did, so she sent me to her office to schedule it. But, when we got to her office, she informed me that she really thought I had a large volume of fluid so that if she could prove that with an ultrasound, she'd be able to induce me Friday morning. Of course, I was all for this! So, back to the room we went and she did an ultrasound. The level had to be at least 25 to be induced Friday morning and mine was 25.11! But, upon doing the ultrasound, she was better able to get a measurement on the baby and Lily is estimated to be around 9.5 lbs!! She also said she's not that big because of length. She would guess she's only around 20" long, but that all her weight is around her mid-section! My little chunky monkey already! So, unless I go into labor before then, we'll have a brand new baby girl on Friday! Friday can't come soon enough!!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
I went back to the doctor today..same old news..still 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. But on a good note, I didn't gain any weight, so I'm hanging steady at 26 lbs. Plus, Dr. Trollip okayed me going back to Lumberton on Thanksgiving Day! She just told me to be prepared to head back home at the slightest sign of pain. The baby has completely dropped and the heartbeat was a steady 145. Luckily, since this isn't my first baby and since I've had the other two early, if for some reason I do make it to my due date of December 10th, she assured me that they wouldn't make me wait until I'm 41 weeks to be induced. While I'm so ready to meet Lily, I'm very excited that I can be with my family for Thanksgiving and that I'll be able to go shopping on Black Friday. Chris & I really look forward to shopping all day on that day. That's the day that we pretty much do all of our Christmas shopping! Then, it's time to put up the tree on that Saturday! I absolutely love Christmas time and it would be wonderful to have everything done by the time Lily arrived. I'll keep everyone updated!!
Monday, November 15, 2010
I went for my first weekly appointment today. Luckily, I had gained zero weight, so I'm still at 26 lbs. gained. The doctor told me that I had a belly full of a baby..definitely 8 lbs already! So, needless to say, I definitely was hoping he'd say that I wouldn't go the whole 4 weeks that are left! On the very bright side, when he checked me, I am already dilated 3 centimeters! He said he is pretty sure she's going to follow in her brother's footsteps and come early. Yea!! Can't wait to meet you Lily!!
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
I went for my doctor's appointment today and I had gained 4.5 lbs. in the past two weeks! That brings me to a total of 26 lb total! I still have 6 weeks to go! I only gained 25 with Landon and 20 with Nixon so I was hoping to keep it in that range, but it's not looking good! Lily just loves her weekly milkshakes too much and I can't deny her!:) On a positive note, everything else was good. Measuring at 35 weeks, which I will be in a couple of days, so she was happy with that. Baby was definitely head down, her backbone on my right side, which explains why I'm always feeling knees and elbows on my left side. I have to go back in two weeks and then I'll be on my weekly appointments. Next appointment, I have to have the Beta strep test and my platelets checked again since they have continually declined. As long as I'm still over 100, she says I'll be fine. But if they fall below 100, it's possible that I'll have to take steroids to help with the delivery. Other than that, everything's fine except my nesting. If I don't get that under control, I might have to find a new baby daddy!