Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
I know I'm not doing much posting lately, as my two or three normal readers have so kindly suggested, but life has been really hectic and so I've been spending more time with the boys and Chris, and less time on the computer. But, I did want to take this chance to brag on my smart Landon. He absolutely loves puzzles, but had been getting bored with doing our same ones at home over and over. So Sunday, we went to Wal-mart and let him pick out a new one. He picked out a 250-piece Bakugan puzzle! I told Chris to let him try it and if he couldn't handle it, we'd box it up and save it for later. Well, he didn't start it until Monday, so 3 days later, he's done!! He would come straight home from school and work on it. You could tell sometimes it would get the best of him and he would step away for a few minutes, but come right back to it. He's such a smartie and I'm so proud of him for all his many accomplishments, as any parent should be.
Don't pay attention to the four pieces missing..Ellie ate them..you have to be quick if they fall on the ground!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Ellie Jane..floor cleaner, dryer sheet snatcher, toy destroyer...she's also known as Ellie James (Ellie Jane), Ellie Gore (Ellie Girl) and Nixon insists you call her Ellie Fire Dog! She's so demanding that most days I'd trade her in, but the boys love her beyond measure and that's good enough for me!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
I haven't done a "Ten Things Tuesday" in a while, so I'm going to do one this week, but it's going to be ten funny things my boys have told me lately.
- We were trying to explain to Landon who the President was, so we had to call him our King for him to understand. Jokingly, we said, "Yeah, the king took all our money, so if we want to buy a new house, we can't go on the airplane this summer." He wanted to know when we were getting a new king!
- A couple of weeks later, while giving baths, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, can you make a bunch of money and just not tell the king about it?"
- Chris was trying to explain to Landon that he had to go to work at his school and that they pay him to work there. Landon was confused and said, "But I don't get paid for my job at my school." Chris said, "You don't? What's your job there?" to which he replied, "I'm the line leader, the door holder, I hold the clipboard..." Too cute!!
- Nixon informed me he wants to be a pig when he grows up.
- The boys know they don't get a snack unless their supper plate is clean. Last night, we had just sat down at the dinner table when Yo Gabba Gabba came on. Nixon started climbing down and said, "I know I won't get a snack."
- Nixon saw my tattoo the other night. He said, "You got a stamp?" I said, "I sure do baby." He said, "Because you're a good listener??" Haha...I laughed so hard!
- Landon saw a picture of me and Chris on our honeymoon. He asked me where him and Nixon were. I explained that they weren't born yet and he said, "But we were in your belly, right?" I just agreed and he said, "Well, your belly wasn't fat." Not thinking, I asked if it was now but luckily he said no. Then he proceeded to ask me when we were going to have another baby. I asked him when he wanted me to have one and he said, "In two days." That's that!
- While going by the baby section in Target, Nixon saw some car seat toys. He said, "I want one! I want one." I said, "Boy, those are baby toys. You don't need those." to which he replied, "But I'm your baby."