One of the good things about having kids is that they say the most random things. My boys seem to talk constantly, whether it's questions or telling me about something that has happened in their day. This past week, the boys have been full of funny stories. I feel like if i don't write them down (this is basically their baby book), i'll forget them so here goes:
*Nixon asked Chris the other night if he knew that there was a man on the moon. Chris said, "Yea, Neil Armstrong. He travelled up to the moon, blah, blah, blah." Nixon listened intently, but then at the end, he said, "No Daddy, I'm talking about the man on the moon who stays up there all the time and you wish to him". Haha..it was priceless!
*After playing his game on Monday night, Landon said, "We beat that KC team. (Kansas City)" i said, "Yea, I know buddy, you guys did good" to which he replied, "Yea, we beat them. They beat us the first time, but we got a payback to them because we beat them this time. We just kept hitting homeruns and they couldn't beat us!" What confidence!
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
I can't believe my baby girl is 18 months already. We went for her well check today and she's moving right on target with her measurements as follows: weight - 23 lb, 9.6 oz (65%), length - 32.5" (70%) and head circumference - 46 cm (40%). I also found out that all those shrieks and screams she does constantly are signs of social development in girls. If that's the case, my girl is going to be a social butterfly!
At 18 months, Lily:
At 18 months, Lily:
- Still sleeps around 11 hours at night. She goes to sleep around 7:15 every night
- She has started being able to eat on her own finally without me or Chris freaking out :)
- She says the words Moma, Dada, Landon, Nixon, Lily, Night-Night, Bye, Love You, Thank you, Grammy, Papa, Nana, Poppy, More, Milk, and just about anything else you tell her to say. She will get lazy though and the words start sounding the same
- She chases her brothers around and terrorizes them just as much as they do her
- Loves her "babies" more than ever. She knows what drawer they're in and will pull them out once she figures out that I've put them up. She never has less than four or five in her crib at night!
- Will throw a temper tantrum at the drop of a hat if she doesn't get her way!
- Has learned how to make all kinds of faces..fish face, kissy face, etc and it's the cutest thing ever!
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Nixon has always been full of life from Day 1. He was (and is) my trouble maker (although Lily is trying to win that title). But, even when he's driving me to the brink of craziness, he will smile or say something so crazy, you can't help but love that little butterball. That charisma is sure to get him in trouble (or his way) many times in the years to come. Listed below are some "Nixon-isms"
- I don't need to wash my hands, I used "hanitizer" (hand sanitizer)
- "Clouds" - the stuffing that he feels the need to pull out of his pillow
- "I am Thorn!" (Thor)
- "When I get bigger, I'm gonna be in charge and nobody will tell me what to do!"
- "I love trees (broccoli)"
- He likes to wear his new "babing suit" (bathing suit)
- He doesn't want to get "hymnotized" (hypnotized)
- One day he'll meet his "true potential" (thanks go to Lego Ninjago for this one)
- He thanks you at night for turning the tv off because if not, "he just can't stop watching it"
- He says, "I'm too little to play baseball/basketball, but one day I'll get big and then I can play"
- He wants to move to the beach so that "he never has to go to school again"
- "I don't ever want to grow up or be a Daddy!"
- When referring to the male anatomy on his plastic cows, he says, "I know this one is a bull because he has these poinky things"
- "I like when you call me Butterbean, but don't do it in front of my friends"
- "I want to play with my Boxer men (wrestlers)"
- "Ooops, I burded" (burped)
- "When I grow up, I want to be a cup so I can know what the drink feels like"
I just love that little boy!