- Today is June 30! What this means for me is I get to spend about 13 hours here at work..closing down the year...but it also means I've survived another budget year!
- The daycare asked me yesterday if I minded Nixon being moved to the 2 year old room. I don't have any babies anymore!
- I've just about got everything for Landon's party already, except the cake. Usually I get it all the day before.
- Nixon's got a new expression that he loves to use. He'll find something that he finds amusing or interesting and he'll say, "Look at..Mommy..Look at!" It's completely adorable!
- Nixon is trying to swim in the pool. I guess he sees Landon. He doesn't want to wear his vest. He'll just go completely under the water and kick his feet. He doesn't go anywhere, but it's impressive anyway. He just sinks and smiles the whole way down. Gotta watch that one!
- Landon is doing really well at school. His teachers always talk about how he talks to them all day long and helps whenever they're cleaning up. He's such a sweet boy.
- Financial Peace University starts tomorrow! Super excited about it!!
- I've been thinking seriously about taking the CPA exam lately. I think I'll start preparing for it in the next month or so.
- Landon informed me this week that we need a baby sister and a puppy..both tall orders!
- I finally watched "Juno" this past weekend. It's a really funny movie if you like that dry sort of humor.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
When I bought my latest devotional book, I bought Landon and Nixon a book titled '365 Short Bedtime Bible Stories' or something to that effect. You see, Chris or I used to read to Landon every night from the time I was pregnant with him up until after Nixon was born. Poor Nixon, being a second child and all, has gotten the shaft, and all those night time stories have gone by the wayside. Anyway, back to present day, we've started reading a story every night after bath out of the new book. It's a great book, one page stories. It even has questions to ask to make sure they're paying attention. We're just starting it and the stories have been about creation, etc. Well, yesterday, we read the story about Adam and Eve being tempted by the serpent to eat off of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. To my surprise, tonight when Chris asked Landon if he remembered last night's story, he did. So tonight, the story was about God's punishment for Adam, Eve, and the Serpent for disobeying. Out of nowhere, Landon looks up at Chris, completely serious and asks, "Why womens gotta be so meaner?" Geez, looks like somebody has been teaching my baby boy early!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
- Landon has his last T-ball game tonight. He'll get a trophy and boy am I glad..he was not happy last night when the other team got their trophies. He was convinced that it meant the other team had won, which would ruin their undefeated record that he swears by!
- We found a house last week in Princeton that is 60% completed and getting ready to go into foreclosure. It is a gorgeous house in an excellent neighborhood, but common sense prevailed and we've decided to stick to our original plan of buying a house in Clayton.
- Nixon hauled off and hit Landon in the head Sunday night. When I asked him why he did it, he replied, "Nandon being u-gy." The thing is, Landon was minding his own business. Poor thing..Nixon's so rowdy..a true boy!
- I ordered Landon's birthday invitations this weekend. I can't believe in a few short weeks, my baby will be 4!!
- His party is going to be on July 11th from 2 - 4 if anyone wants to go ahead and write it down!:)
- Landon has a new teacher at school, it's one of his prior teacher's from the Early Learning Center...very exciting news since we loved her!
- Landon made great improvements at the pool this past weekend. Just since the pool opened, he's gone from a boy who didn't even want to get in, into one who will be swimming by summer's end! He's putting his face under the water, opening his eyes and kicking.
- When I ask Nixon who mommy's baby is, he'll always point to himself and say "Me" or "Nic-Nic". It's very cute and although I taught it to him, I'm starting to realize it might not be a good thing since we do intend to have more kids!
- We watched the movie "W" this past week. I recommend it to anyone. It was a great movie that taught me to respect George Bush even more than I already did.
- Chris had a good Father's Day. The boys bought him an ECU polo shirt he wanted and Landon made him a paper tie (his first Father's Day tie) at school. Then, me and him, put it on some cardstock paper and Landon wrote "Happy Father's Day" in his cute writing and we framed it. He was so excited to give it to his daddy that he gave it to him one day early!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Okay, so I've missed a couple of weeks, but here we go again....
- I finally took my boys to get a haircut on Friday. I told Mr. Richie that he needed to cut Nixon's bad cowlick out. He said, "I can, but it'll be shorter" I gave him the go ahead and Nixon looks so cute! His hair has never been this short, even when he was born! (I'll post some pictures of it after I actually take a picture of him)
- With the new haircut, I've been told he looks a little like the typical class bully.
- We got our family pictures in the mail on Friday (Church directory pictures) and they are so good! This was a pleasant surprise since I was really frustrated when we purchased them.
- Please pray for my Grandpa..he's having some heart issues and he needs everyone's prayers.
- After trying to follow Dave Ramsey's advice for around a year, we're actually going to be doing the Financial Peace University through my church. I'm so excited I can't hardly wait. Free preview is this Sunday if anyone is interested!
- Landon LOVES T-ball. He's definitely in his element on the baseball field. He couldn't be happier!
- I've started two new devotionals in the morning (when I'm the only one awake). One (just a Monday morning devotion) is called "The Power of a Positive Wife." The other, "Falling in Love with Jesus" is a workbook for the week and then we meet on Sunday nights. Both are great and I would recommend them to anyone!
- I've noticed that Landon and Nixon communicate a lot more. Nixon will ask Landon a question and Landon can actually understand him and will answer back. It's too cute!
- I've started back on Weight Watchers and working out. This is my second week. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. We'll see:)
- Chris will be out of school in a few days. This is the one time of year that I really am jealous of his job! (even though he still works all summer doing Driver's Ed)
- An 11th..just for good measure....I finally decided to print all the pictures I had dowloaded (I use www.snapfish.com) only to realize that I hadn't printed any in almost a year. Whew...1,800 pictures later, I WON'T do that again!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Well, it's no suprise to anyone who has ever asked Nixon, "Who do you love" that the answer is ALWAYS Kylee. Kylee, the most adorable little girl in his class, has stolen my baby boy's heart. The feeling is definitely mutual. I know this because her mom told me she walks around at home talking to "Nic-Nic" on her play phone. Anyway, we usually arrive at daycare before she does. Well, yesterday, I guess we were running a tad late and Nixon saw her vehicle in the parking lot. When we were getting out of the car, he said, "Kylee?" I told him yes that was Kylee's car. Well, when I opened the front door to daycare, he was gone. He was running (in true Nixon fashion with one arm going) down the hall yelling, "Kylee! Kylee!". When I opened the door to his room, Ms. Lisa, one of his teachers said, "I heard you calling for Kylee all the way down the hall." He went running towards Kylee and tried to get some love and hug on her. I guess Kylee is not a morning person b/c she turned her back on him. He then walked away like a love sick puppy rubbing his head, truly confused. I guess my baby boy is learning early that women can be confusing creatures!