Friday, February 14, 2014

Mommy Guilt

Mommy guilt..I think it's one of those things you automatically get once you've given birth.  You know, instead of getting that firm stomach back (which let's be honest, mine wasn't that firm to begin with), you're blessed with a guilt that I'm starting to think never goes away.  Once we become moms, we all make a choice..stay at home, do the part-time work/part-time SAHM, or working mom.  If I had a choice, I'd definitely choose the 50/50 deal.  To me, that's the best of both worlds.  Unfortunately, bad decisions which include getting credit cards in college just for the free t-shirt have made me a full-time working mother!  Don't get me wrong..if I had to choose between working or staying at home full-time, I'd definitely choose working.  That's not even where the guilt begins though because I know I, along with my husband and kids, are a lot happier now than they would be if I stayed at home full-time.  I'm not built for that.  I love my family with every breath in me, but I definitely couldn't be a SAHM.  My guilt comes from not the choice of being a working mother, but the choices I have to make because of being a working mom.  Those moments I know I miss when they're babies and growing so much every day..those days when you send them to daycare with a sniffle knowing they'd give anything to stay home and snuggle with you and the parties you miss at school because you can't leave work.  There's also guilt on the other end too when you stay home because they're sick and you feel guilty that you're leaving your co-workers short-handed.  This mom thing - it's definitely not for the faint at heart, but it's the best choice I've ever made!


No comments: