Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pierced Ears!!

On Friday, I took Lily to the pediatrician to have her ears pierced.  When she was first born, I decided I wouldn't have it done until she was old enough to tell me she wanted them.  But then, something came over me and I just had to have them done.  If the doctor's office didn't do them, I never would have done it until she was older.  But, a RN pierced them for us.  She was so meticulous.  I know she marked Lily's ears a couple hundred times before she was happy with the location.  She was so careful to get them just right and I think she looks just precious!  You decide...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was searching for a GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading and came across your post on having your dd's ears pierced and
changing your mind to go ahead as in infant.

I think you were a smart and thoughtful mommy for piercing your dd's ears early. Having the RN do it was extremely wise on your part.

Admittedly, I know a lot of people have strong feelings when to pierce a child’s ear. “Let them decide” is being replaced by parental decision when mommy intuition knows, “earlier is better” from either personal or friend’s experiences of unpleasant childhood ear piercing.

I think it just depends on your own personal choice whether or not you wish your baby or little girl to have pierced ears.

Congrats on making a thoughtful decision on behalf of your dd's. I think babies with earrings are the cutest things. It celebrates their
femininity and femaleness. After all, they are little girls. Our ped encouraged to have our dd done as an infant too. She gave me some tips for "Care of Newly Pierced Ears."

Promise your dd will thank you later for the "gift of pierced ears" as an infant. If you or any mom would like any of our ped’s care tips for infants, then don’t hesitate to write me an e-mail.

Amy
amyswor@hotmail.com