Sunday, July 10, 2011

Have One More or Leave It Like It Is??

Growing up, I always wanted three kids.  Chris, being a middle child, was dead set against having an odd number.  I knew that I wanted more than two, so four was the next logical number.  After having Lily (finally a little girl for me to love on), I feel as if our little family is complete.  But the problem is, I'm scared that I'll regret not having the fourth child.  I didn't really get to "enjoy" my last pregnancy by knowing it was the last time..if that even makes sense!  I know I'll be sad whenever I am done having kids, so I feel like I need to KNOW it's the last time.  Plus, Landon and Nixon kind of pal around together, so who will Lily have to be best buds with growing up?  I absolutely LOVE having a big family and I can only imagine what it will be like when they're all grown up and come back home for holidays.  It will be wonderful!

My other problem is my husband!  He's says he's done for now!  The man who was dead set against an odd number!  He's ready to be able to enjoy family outings (not worry about taking your whole house with you when you go).  He's worried about being able to provide (at a comfortable level) for every child.  He's ready to not pay daycare anymore.  These are all valid points, but I still want that fourth child (I think).  How do you really know when you're done..how do you know, without a shadow of a doubt, that your family is complete and that you'll never regret having just one more baby to love?  That, my friends, is the million dollar question...

No comments: