Monday, July 6, 2009

Welcome to the Bat Cave!

This morning, I came to the realization that I don't get paid nearly enough to work where I do! I started off my local government career working in a nasty old building, waiting on the new, nice and clean building to be built. After working in that wonderful building for a short 10 months, I decided to switch jobs and was sent back to a nasty, old building. There is one thing this building has over my old building though....bats! That leads me to my story of how my morning went. Keep in mind as you read this, I'm not a morning person..it takes me a good 3 - 4 hours to get going in the morning (talking-wise).

Anyway, this morning, not unlike other mornings, I had my hands full of all kind of things while walking up the door at work. When I walked under the awning, I felt something brush my leg. Thinking it felt like a leaf, I kept going and started to unlock the door when I heard the most awful screeching noise in my life. I looked back behind me and what did I see? A bat with his little wings flapping on the ground, mouth open, fangs showing. Well, let me tell you, I woke up fast! I did the "turn around, press your body up against the door thing" like I was being attacked. One of the girls I work with was getting out of her car and just happened to see me. She peeked out and said, "Is something wrong?" In the highest pitch possible (one only dogs could hear), I said, "A Bat!! I just stepped on a bat!!" I could not get in that building fast enough. I just knew that bat would attack me because my hands would not work right. (Not to mention the fact that in my frazzled state, I was trying to open the door with my house key!) Anyway, I ran into the building, so that I could quickly put some anti-bacterial soap on my leg. Every time I think about it, I start to shudder and get the heeby-jeebies! If I would have thought about it, I would've taken a picture of the bat before it got taken away.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Ugh! I get the heeby-jeebies just reading the story!! I wish I could have seen you though!! Haha!! :)

The Granings said...

I am about to fall out of my chair laughing! I think I would find a different door to get in the building.

April Cluck said...

Hilarious, that is sooo something that would happen to me!!
April
Life Thru Logic and Faith