Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Rest of the Story

I know there were a lot of questions raised when we decided to sell our house. To explain everything, I need to start at the very beginning.  When Chris & I got married, our intentions were to move to the beach. A year after getting married, we had already bought our first house, I started grad school and I was pregnant with Landon so those plans went on hold.  Shortly after Landon was born, I finished grad school and Chris said, out of the blue, that he was ready to move.  It was crazy how everything worked out.  I literally graduated one week, applied and got a job in the next two weeks.  Unfortunately, where I interviewed and got the job was not at the beach, but when you're 24 years old, you can't be picky in my profession..especially with no experience.  Our goal was to move to Johnston County and get five years under my belt before we started looking towards the beach again.  Well, 7 years later, we've had 3 more children, Chris has finished grad school and we've bought two more houses.

Everything was going great, other than the fact that Chris works like crazy and we started feeling like we were "tag team" parenting more than parenting together.  So, one week during my maternity leave, all of a sudden, a job pops up in Wrightsville Beach.  On a whim, I decided to apply for it.  Chris & I were talking later on in the week and decided that if in fact we did want to move, we needed to sell our house as soon as possible.  That way, if I did get a job, I'd be able to leave at any moment rather than worrying about paying rent at the new location and a mortgage at our old house.  So, in June, I contacted a realtor.  She's awesome by the way for anyone looking to buy or sell in Johnston or Wake County.  She has a stager who came to look at the house and give us ideas on things to move around or change to look good for showings. She had a professional photographer who took the pictures to go in our glossy brochures for showings.  Then, finally after a couple of weeks, we came home and the sign was in our yard.  We immediately started getting showings.  Two and a half weeks later, we received an offer and we're closing in August.  In the meantime, I got a call for an interview.  I interviewed and things went great.  Less than a week later, I have a job offer.  I can't believe how well things have worked out.  It's true that when God puts a plan into place, things fall in line so nicely! Now, I'm not going to say I haven't stressed out and had complete meltdowns because we're basically "homeless" for a month, but God has continually shown me signs that this is meant to be and it's all in HIS time and HIS plan.  We are so excited for this next chapter in our lives!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

All I will say is you are truly awesome (You & Chris). I love you and I am so proud and amazed at what you continue to accomplish. God is good. YOU GO GIRL!