Monday, May 6, 2013

My First Stitch Fix

I discovered Stitch Fix through Facebook. One of my sorority sisters had joined and loved the service, so I decided to give it a try.  Basically, it's a styling service that you pay $20 for.  After taking a personal style profile quiz, linking up your Pinterest boards, and requesting certain items, you get a cute little box in the mail with five items.  The items have little cards that tell you how to wear your item or what you could pair it with.  I love this because I'm the type of person that will see something on someone and love it. BUT, I would never have thought to pair the outfit together myself.  You have three days to try your items on.  If you decide to keep all five, you get 25% off your total, subtracting the $20 you've already paid.  If you don't like some or all of the items, you send them back in the pre-paid envelope supplied to you.

Now, on to my first fix...

The first item was a navy stripe scarf.  It was okay, but it was extremely long and I just wasn't sure what to do with all the material.  I didn't even take a picture of it on me.


My second item was a white cardigan.  Of course I loved it because I basically love any sweater.  The card had it paired with a dress/belt and then also jeans and a shirt.  I wouldn't wear the shirt that I had on in this picture underneath it, but I absolutely loved the cardigan on.  It felt so good and was made of really good material.  


Third up...a plum wrap dress.  The dress felt really good and it was made from great material, but it looked like crap on me.  That one is definitely going back.


Fourth..a yellow stripe jersey dress.  Lily said, "Oh, i like that one" when she saw it, but I was not impressed with how it looked on me.  It was a pretty dress though.  i was hoping it would look good on, but no such luck.

And finally..a pink top.  This was something I would definitely not have chosen for myself.  I liked the way it looked on, but the price was not something I was willing to pay.  If I had found this same shirt at Target or Old Navy, I probably would've kept it.


Sorry for the crazy pictures.  Chris was taking them and wanting me to pose.  Let's just say modeling is not in my near future!  Overall, it was a really fun way to update your wardrobe...especially if you want some items you wouldn't choose on your own.  I'll probably get another fix just to see how my items improve.  From what I've read, they get closer to your style the more fixes you get.  If anyone is interested in giving it a shot, you can use my code.  I get a referral credit for anyone who places an order so that would be great! :)

http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3084324

No comments: