Saturday, June 7, 2014

20 Things I Haven't Thanked You For (but I probably should have)...

Sometimes we get so used to having people around..we forget that we should be thanking them for all the crap they put up with..we just assume they know..but just in case, here are 20 things that I definitely should be thanking my hubby for:

1.  Thank you for always working so hard for our family.  We've been married for 11 years now and I think there are only about 4-5 months in that time when you have had only ONE job.  The other 10 years, 7 months, you've had at least two..as much as four or five (I can't remember which).  You are a little bit of a workaholic, but you've mainly done this because you wanted to provide all that you were able to so that we could have everything we wanted, not just what we needed. 

Speaking of working so much, 

2.  Thank you for constantly trying to get me on a budget.  I warned you in college that my professor told me that accountants are horrible at budgeting their own funds, but great at managing everyone else's.  I'm not sure you believed that at that point, but I've managed to make you a believer!  You've stuck with me and I think I'm finally seeing the light..even though I don't want to!  6 months in to finally sticking to a modified budget and we're making awesome strides to be debt free!  I wish I would've listened to you all those years ago, but you know me...always stubborn! 

3.  Thank you for always putting up with my moody ways..and we know I am the queen of mood swings!  Especially when it comes to being stuck in the house..this is the #1 reason I couldn't be a stay-at-home mom.  If you spot one coming one, you'll usually make me leave, either with a random ride to look for houses or to just ride around.  

4.  Thank you for laughing at my corny jokes.  I usually make no one but myself laugh, but you always laugh with me (I'm assuming more AT me than WITH me, but nonetheless...)

5.  Thank you for always encouraging me to step out of my comfort zone.  You know I can't stand to take risks, but you always bug me encourage me until I do it.  It may take 30 minutes (ahem, jumping off that humongous rock in Hawaii) but I always do it and then feel so proud of myself. 

6.  Thank you for always being willing to move when the mood struck me. We've been married for 11 years, and we've managed to live in 6 houses. We've moved so many times that we have an awesome system down in which you pack everything and I unpack everything..works out great!

7.  Thank you for giving me four beautiful kids!  I couldn't imagine our life together without them in the picture.  I honestly can't even remember what it was like when there was just two, let alone none!  

8.  Thank you for being such an awesome Daddy!  It started out the day that Landon was born.  You changed your very first diaper while I died laughing watching it all play out.  You've always been very hands-on and you could always get them to sleep so much better than me.  I couldn't do this whole parenting thing without you by my side.  

9.  Thank you for buying me little surprises.  You know that gifts are my love language and you try your best to surprise me with little gifts..from love notes in my lunch bag to glass bottle Pepsi. 

10. Thank you for going along with all my picture ideas.  You're not a big picture fan, but you know that I am and you usually go along with my plans even if we did just take a family picture the day before.  

11. Thank you for always cutting up my steak for me.  You know I've never really learned how to use a knife correctly and that I hate to do it, so you always do it for me..you even do the kids which means you're tired by the time you get to your plate.

12. Thank you for not getting mad when I got in my wreck.  You've complained about how I follow cars too closely for 15 years now, so you had every right to say, "I told you so," but you didn't.  

13. Thank you for not only showing our girls what kind of man that they should look for when the time comes for them to date, but also for showing our boys what kind of man to be.  You're awesome in all ways that count and I couldn't have found a more perfect person for me.  

14. Thank you for always listening to me rant about things that are of absolutely NO importance to you.

15. Thank you for being there for me, always on my side, even when no one else is.  

16. Thank you for always making sure that we spend equal time with both my family and your family on holidays.  It's hard during the holidays to try to get everything done but we always manage with no stress.

17. Thank you for looking forward to my crazy "traditions" as much as I do. You've even started to look for new ones for our family and I love you for it!

18. Thank you for always going to find whatever my craving of the moment was when I was pregnant.  I know you didn't always want to go to the store during nap time to get a Pepsi and snickers or ice cream or salsa and chips, but you always did. 

19. Thank you for doing baths, and supper and homework on those nights that you knew I just couldn't handle it anymore.  You're always there to pick up my slack without me even having to ask.

20. Thank you for being you.  You know how to look at me, what to say and what to do to make me feel like I'm the most important thing in the world and I Love You!!

No comments: