Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ten Things Tuesday

  1. I'm on my fourth week of working out and counting calories.  So far, I've only lost about 4 lbs, but I guess it's a work in progress.  I'm trying to be patient, but it's so hard when you're thinking about the end result (45 lbs.)
  2. We've paid off four debts!  We're about to pay off the 5th one in February!  I can't tell you how happy this makes me!
  3. Landon got to eat with the Principal and Vice Principal last week.  When I asked the reason, he replied, "Because I got ten 100's on my AR tests" (like it was no big deal).  He then proceeded to tell me that he was on his third sheet of 2nd grade sight words, even though he's only in 1st grade.  I'm a proud momma!
  4. When I checked on Nixon before bed the other night, he had tucked his stuffed animals under his baby blanket at the end of his bed..it was the cutest thing ever!
  5. Chris started working on finishing our bonus room this past weekend.  We're going to do the insulation a little at a time so it won't be such a hit to our budget.  Once the insulation is installed, we'll do the heating/air system and then the flooring, etc. 
  6. Lily does her sign language constantly now.  I think it's the cutest thing I've ever seen and you can really tell when she's showing off!
  7. I love my new Kindle Fire.  I just finished up my first book and it's so easy to read on it.  I don't think I'll ever go back to paper books.
  8. I would LOVE to take the boys to see Fresh Beat Band.  Unfortunately, I found out about it too late and the show in Durham is sold out.  There's a show in Norfolk, VA which we're thinking about taking them to, but I'm not sure if I want to go that far to sit in the very back.
  9. I have the best husband ever.  He's such a good Dad to our kids and he works hard to provide all the things we need AND want.  I couldn't have picked a better husband and father.  I love you pooky!
  10. You'd think this would be an easy blog post since it's been a while, but I really had a hard time finding ten things to talk about! 

No comments: