Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ten Things Thursday

It's been a while since I've done one of these, and it's actually supposed to be on Tuesday, but I guess there are no rules if it's my blog, right?

1.  Landon has finished all 500 of his sight words!  I didn't even know he was supposed to be reviewing them every night until around word 300..and even then, if I'm being honest, I didn't make a really big effort to review them with him.  He's just naturally smart and I'm so proud!
2.  Nixon started his new preschool this past Tuesday and the teacher gushed about how smart he was and how much he knows already!  Yes, I'm one proud momma!
3.  Lily is finally getting a tooth up top.  I was beginning to think she'd only have those two little shiners on the bottom!
4.  Chris got another class added on to his load at JCC.  Now, he'll be teaching 7 classes I think.  We're hoping he can work there as a full-time professor before long.
5.  Starting Monday, I'm going on a diet!  My goal is to lose about 30 lbs and I have to stick to it this time!  First step, quit drinking so many Pepsi's!
6.  It's hard for me to believe that in two short months, my baby girl will be a year old!  Where does the time go?
7.  Lily's last bottle of formula was this morning.  She's been drinking whole milk from a sippy cup with her meals, so we'll see how this goes!
8.  I love my little family so much that if I think about it too much, I can bust out into tears.  We're very blessed and I wouldn't trade it for anything for the world! (Well, except the debt!  haha)
9.  I've changed my hours at work so that I can pick Landon up from school everyday.  He's loving that and so am I!  I get to pick the kids up earlier, do homework, and cook supper..all the while not feeling as rushed as I was before I changed my hours.
10. We went to Wayne County Fair last week.  The boys love the fair as much as their momma!  They rode every ride that they were able to ride on, ate the good ole' fair food and then played about five games each.  Everyone left with a tired, happy smiles on their faces!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is so nice that you are able to pick him up from school. I bet you both enjoy that. I love that cute picture of your little girl!