Sunday, February 6, 2011

From the Land of the Sick

Starting on January 14th, our home was invaded by the sick bug! (any and every kind)  Nixon was the first victim, ear infection with possible strep/flu.  They didn't do a test for the flu since he was past the fever stage and couldn't get any medicine to help that.  They did put him on an antibiotic for the ear infection/possible strep.


He seemed to get better, but exactly one week later, Lily started acting weird.  She had been in daycare for one week by this point and when I took her to the doctor, she had RSV and thrush.  The only good thing to come out of that week was I got one more week at home with my baby and she actually slept through the night the whole week she was sick, weird as that may sound.


Exactly one week after that, Landon started acting funny.  One more test at the doctor and he was diagnosed with the flu.  He was completely wiped out for a good 3-4 days.  He did nothing but sleep and drink his water.  He wasn't eating, but at least he was hydrated!
This is an old picture of him sleeping..I didn't get a picture of him sick and he's the one that slept the most!

Get him well, and lo and behold, one week later, Nixon tests positive for the flu.

Needless to say, we're tired of Old Man Winter and all the sickness that he has brought to the Walters' household.  And I'm sure my employer is ready for me to be back at work..I haven't worked a full week in 9 weeks!

No comments: