Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday

  1. I lost the amount of weight that I gained last week.  Woo hoo..on the down side again.  I've also worked out the past two nights.  I know it's just a matter of getting into the habit, but I hate to do it!  I'd much rather go home after a long day at work.  Oh well, at least I'm teaching the boys some good habits, right? 
  2. Ellie gets her stitches out on Friday and I can't wait.  I'm used to giving her a bath every two weeks and it's been a month.  I can't wait to give her a good bath and some doggy perfume!
  3. I can't believe that Christmas is getting so close.  Only 10 more days until Black Friday!!
  4. We took family pictures a month ago and I still haven't purchased any.  I just can't decide which ones I like.
  5. Chris got a call today that he's going to be a college professor!  Johnston Community College needs a Health teacher one night a week, so starting in January, he'll be teaching on Tuesday night from 6:00 - 8:30.  My mom thinks we like to work too much, but Dave Ramsey says to pay off your debt with Gazelle Intensity.  I think we're working on it!
  6. When I picked the boys up yesterday afternoon, Nixon looked at me and said, "Nesha (Ms. Tenisha) put cream on my butt."  It was the cutest thing ever!  He's had an upset stomach for about a week, so we're having to pull out the diaper cream.  When I told the teacher what he said this morning, she said, "Yea, he just laid there and said that feels good."  What a little stinker!  He definitely could be potty trained if he wanted to.  He's too stubborn to do it in my time though.
  7. Landon's teacher reminded me yesterday what a good and smart boy he is.  Makes me feel good to know I must be doing something right!
  8. I finally found a toy that Landon's been saying he wanted.  When you ask him what he wants for Christmas, the answer is usually a Power Ranger sword that turns into a gun.  I didn't think they had such a thing, but we found it on Friday night in Wal-Mart.  Luckily, Landon was with me so I was able to confirm this was the right one.
  9. Landon told Nixon last night that he better be good if he wanted Santa to bring him some toys.
  10. I don't think it's any surprise that my two boys are complete opposites, but it's amazing how you can love them so much, equally, but in different ways.  I love them more than life itself!  I don't know how any parent could do anything that would harm their child or put them in harm's way.  It makes me so sad to hear stories such as the one in Fayetteville.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Your momma is very proud of you both for working so hard!! Everyone should have half of your drive, and the world would be a better place. And that love you feel for those boys...it never goes away! it just grows and grows AND GROWS. I love you both sooo much!