Friday, November 7, 2014

Growing Up

I guess I knew this day would come, but still, I'm not ready.  Yesterday, while talking about a little girl at school with Chris, Landon's ears, very obviously, perked up.  When asked did he think she was pretty, Landon, for the first time, said yes.  We still had to convince him multiple times that it was okay to think a little girl was pretty.  Just because you think that doesn't mean that you're going to end up marrying her.  But still, he showed interest in a little girl and that makes me so sad because that means my baby is growing up!  I don't know if I'm ready for all that.  I just like him to be my baby forever!  It seems like it was just yesterday that he was born and I was struggling to figure out the whole parenting thing.  He's been such a good child from day one.  I've never had any problems from him.  He's definitely a typical "first born" - perfectionist, takes care of everyone, loving.  I can't believe that he's already in fourth grade and hearing that a little girl was pretty was just a reminder that we'll be figuring out the whole dating thing before I know it.  That made me realize that parenting never really gets easier, it's just that once you think you have something figured out, you move onto a different struggle.


No comments: