1. Wow..it's been forever since I've posted on here! It's kind of sad that I'm coming back with one of my "easy posts" too, but I just can't seem to find the time to do anything! Life gets overwhelming sometimes and there are weeks that I just want to take a week or two off to cross things off my list that I feel get pushed to the side..such as this blog, organizing my attic, etc. Oh well, life moves on I suppose!
2. Speaking of busy, life is about to get even crazier in about 13 more weeks! It's so hard to believe that our little bundle of joy will be here in 3 short months! We have so much to do in that time. Lily and Hattie will be sharing a room so we have to paint and get Lily's big girl bed set up. I have so many ideas and hopefully they'll all come together and the room won't be too crowded with two little girls sharing a space. :)
3. I'm trying to savor this last pregnancy, but my body sure is making it hard. This is by far, my hardest pregnancy ever. I guess God wants to show me that I'm really done having kids..as if Chris hasn't told me enough! I have had migraines like crazy, fatigue like you wouldn't believe, heartburn that hurts so bad it scares me and now all of a sudden round ligament pain which feels like a pulled muscle. I know I am still very blessed. There are a ton of people who would gladly take all those aches and pains to be able to have a baby. I'm very grateful, but also ready to feel like myself again.
4. In 2012, Chris & I really tried to focus on paying our debt down. We did a "modified version" of Dave Ramsey. We weren't as crazy intense as he would have you to be, but we did stick to our debt snowball, even when Chris wasn't able to work after his surgery. I'm very happy to say that after one year of finally sticking to it, we've been able to pay off $44,355.18 and cut off about six months of our debt free date. We still have a long way to go (our house is included in our debt total), but I'm very proud of where we stand right now. Part of that payoff was selling Chris' truck. He didn't drive it enough to justify paying a payment every month, so we're going to try one vehicle for a little while until we can pay cash for a vehicle. He still has his motorcycle, so as long as the weather is okay, he has that to get around in. According to my app, our completly debt-free date will be August 2021! Sounds like a long time, but considering how time flies, it will be here before we know it!
5. I've been studying for the CPA Exam for a few months now. I'm taking the exam in parts and taking only one section a quarter because I do have kids and a job to worry about before this exam. I have never had anything in my life to make me feel as defeated as prepping for this exam. I have so many regrets already about not taking care of this right out of college, before kids!
6. I absolutely adore my husband. I don't think God could have chosen a better husband for me. Sure, we fight and get in disagreements, but at the end of the day, I love him and he loves me almost just has much! He constantly puts his family first and is not afraid to work his butt off to provide and make a great life for me and the kids.
7. Do you ever wonder if you would've chosen a different career if you could do it all over again? I think about that sometimes. I love my job, so I'm not sure what I would do different, but I would love to have a job in the medical field or a job with more flexibility to stay home with my babies.
8. I go for my 3D ultrasound and glucose test on Friday. I'm excited about the ultrasound but more than a little nervous about the glucose test. I've failed two out of three in my pregnancies. I passed those two on the second time, but it's miserable to have to sit in a doctor's office for 3 hours getting blood drawn every hour!
9. I'm taking 12 weeks off after I have Hattie. With the other kids, I've only taken the standard 6 weeks. I decided to take the full 12 because I have the time saved and this is my last baby. I'm so excited to have that extra bonding time with Hattie! I hated going back to work when Lily was born!
10. I have officially started nesting. It's crazy because I still have so far to go. It's also a little scary because if it's something that I can't help, it drives me insane! It gets under my skin so bad that I can't seem to concentrate on anything else! I'm telling you, this pregnancy is driving me crazy!